Executive Director Position
Haven is now accepting applications for Executive Director. Please see "Employment / Open Positions" section of website.
Registration for training is now open
Please see "Become a Volunteer" section of website. See you in training!
Haven is a catalyst for individual empowerment and societal change. Haven:
- Promotes safety and healing for women and children impacted by domestic or sexual violence
- Dedicates itself to a non-judgmental, holistic, client centered approach through advocacy, education, and supportive services
- Believes in honoring our heritage and validating the feelings and experiences of the many lives touched by violence against women
Hurt comes in many forms. If you or someone you know is being (or has been) hurt physically, emotionally,or sexually, there is support, safety, and healing available. Whether you are in a current abusive situation, have been out of it for years, have been sexually assaulted recently, or were sexually abused as a child - we can help.
Bad experiences are not always something you can just forget about. You probably have already tried to ignore it, numb it, cover it up, work through it, or go around it, only to find you keep running into the same wall! You may even find that you:
- Have trouble sleeping.
- Have major fluctuations in weight or eating habits.
- Have difficulty concentrating at work or at school.
- Feel increasingly isolated from people you care about.
- Feel hopeless about the future.
- Keep going over old events in your mind, despite your attempts to forget about it.
- Have questions that you need answered.
- Want to make changes, but don't know where to start.
You are not alone!
While there are not any easy answers, there are safe places to talk through your thoughts, feelings, and options. There is no judgment here, only a listening ear who will allow you to talk through different options. While friends or family members may force advice on you, we will empower you to go along your path, on your timetable. Here are some of the services you can explore on this site:
- Support groups for domestic violence and sexual assault;
- Legal advocacy including help with restraining orders and someone to go to court with you;
- Peer Counseling;
- Individual Therapy Services;
- Referrals to trusted professionals;
- Confidential shelter services for women and children fleeing a violent situation for 3-60 days;
- Case management services to help you explore resources available to improve your safety and increase your options.
Feel free to explore this site, or
call our 24-hour crisis line at:
- (209) 577-5980 (24 hours, 7 days a week)
- toll-free 1-888-45HAVEN (24 hours, 7 days a week), or
Call our Modesto office at (209) 524-4331 or the Turlock office at 209-664-9131 (8:30am - 4:30pm Monday-Friday)
Our physical and public mailing address is 618 13th Street, Modesto, CA 95354. The physical and mailing address for our Turlock site is 301 Starr Ave., Turlock, CA 95380
We are happy to answer your questions and provide support.